Art & Soul Dance Company’s Competitive program offers an enriched dance curriculum specifically designed for dancers whom we feel have the potential to be competitive-level performers.
These Company classes are accessible by audition only.
Competitive dancers involved in our regular competitive stream are required to train in the following mandatory disciplines:
- Jazz and Tap
- Lyrical/ Contemporary
- Stretch and Strengthen
- Hip Hop
Dancers may also be selected by the Faculty to participate in additional classes such as Small Groups, Duet/Trios and Solos.
Our competitive program not only provides top-quality dance instruction, but also creates an environment where students can develop self-esteem, self-discipline, self-confidence, the ability to work with others, as well as the ability to follow directions. Our competitive team consists of high-achieving and hard-working dancers.
Along with the prestige and highly accelerated learning that is part of being a member of our competitive team, there are numerous responsibilities that both parents and dancers should consider:
- Company dancers must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- Company dancers must maintain a “B” average in school
- Company dancers must participate in all regional competitions
- Company dancers must be eligible to participate in community events and charitable benefits
- Company dancers must maintain a high degree of self-discipline and motivation
To arrange an audition, contact our team.